FEATURED SPEAKER, CVC’S FIRST EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Dr. Wenzel comes to us from Powdermill Nature Reserve, the research and teaching field station of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, where he was Director for 10 years. There, John built trails and gardens; funded student research, two new science buildings and an abandoned mine reclamation project, and conducted research on insect and plant ecology. Prior to serving at Powdermill, John was Professor at The Ohio State University for 17 years, where he taught across the curriculum from introductory courses to international workshops.
John will discuss his history and CVC’s future, and invite commentary and perspective from the audience.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CVC’s 2021 ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CURRENT PROJECTS!
CVC has a nearly 30 year history of implementing recreation and conservation projects throughout the Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin. Our signature initiatives:
- Johnstown’s Inclined Plane Hillside Park
- Stream Team Water Quality Monitoring
- West Penn Trail and West Penn Trail Triathlon – October 8
- Stony-Kiski-Conemaugh Rivers Sojourn
ENJOY A POT LUCK MEAL WITH FRIENDS IN CONSERVATION
CVC will provide chicken, drinks, plates and flatware. Please bring a side dish to share with everyone. If you’re not a CVC member, now is your time to join, but all are welcome!
- 6:00 Greetings and Dinner
- 6:45 CVC Programs and Activities
- 7:00 Annual Meeting of the CVC Membership – Election of Board Member, Acknowledgements of Outstanding Service Annual Meeting of the CVC Board of Directors – Election of Officers, Appointments to SQI Board of Directors
- 7:20 Featured Presentation