If you are looking for a highly rewarding opportunity within the nonprofit sector, look no further! Conemaugh Valley Conservancy is pleased to announce that we are seeking an experienced Fundraiser/Executive Director to oversee our operations.
Founded in 1994, Conemaugh Valley Conservancy is a growing force for conservation, cultural preservation, and responsible outdoor recreation within the Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin – spanning over 5 counties throughout South-Western Pennsylvania.
This full-time position is available immediately and offers competitive salary, holidays, vacation, and medical coverage. Interested parties may email a resume and cover letter, including salary history and requirements by Thursday, December 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Executive Director
The Purpose of This Job
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for CVC staff, volunteer programs, projects, expansion, and execution of its mission. This position will work actively in environmental stewardship and outdoor recreation program and project activities, including field work, in the Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin, in portions of Somerset, Cambria, Indiana, Westmoreland, and Armstrong Counties.
Essential Functions of the Job
Leadership and Management:
- Ensure ongoing and consistent quality of financial management and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, funders, CVC Members, and sponsors
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors (BOD); serve as ex-officio of specific committees
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program/project components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, sponsors, and other constituents
Fundraising and Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing and new program operations (e.g. Grant Writing).
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand with all interested parties.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Work with BOD and Committees to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan.
Number of Titles of Direct Reports:
This position will include direct supervision of one or more technicians along with a bookkeeping resource. Position shall also coach, train, and mentor volunteer membership.
Any Additional, Periodic or Occasional Duties:
- Attend and present at BOD meetings.
- Travel to seminars, consortiums, political events or other local events.
- Participate in related local events to teach and mentor the public and/or youth.
- Perform field activities.
Equipment Used in Job:
The Executive Director shall be responsible asset management and maintenance of tools, gauges, chemicals and equipment owned by the CVC. This includes but is not limited to:
- CVC owned computer and peripherals.
- Software and Software licenses.
- Water Quality monitoring equipment.
- CVC owned Tools, power tools, and other power equipment.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Preferred Master’s degree but will consider Bachelor’s plus experience in relevant field.
Seven years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities and meaningful management experience in project management is preferred. Experience with environmental conservation including, but not limited to, river and stream water quality monitoring, watershed organizations, land and water conservation and outdoor recreation needs, opportunities, partners, funders preferred but will consider other experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to write and administer grants and obtain other sources of funding.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with multidisciplinary project skills.
- Results oriented.
- Success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:
This job has an outdoor component with the following requirements:
- Must be able to occasionally traverse rough or primitive terrain.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
The Executive Director shall be responsible for identifying and requesting the BOD for all PPE required by either themselves, their direct reports, or volunteer activities.
Click here to download full job description.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees or the requirements thereof. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by the BOD. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.